How You Can Put Your Already Published Stories Behind Medium’s Paywall To Start Earning Revenue As a New Writer
Thankfully, it’s a straightforward process.
As a new writer, I recently enrolled in Medium’s Partner Program after hitting the 100-follower threshold.
I rejoiced and then immediately wanted to put the six stories I had already written behind the paywall to potentially start earning revenue.
I didn’t find a straightforward way to accomplish this task, so I wanted to share how I did it.
This method only works on Medium’s website on the desktop. If you know how to do this through mobile, please drop your knowledge in the comments.
Here are the steps as of June 2022:
- Click on a story on your profile.
2. Click the three horizontal dots at the top right-hand corner of the story.
3. Click Edit story.
4. Click the three horizontal dots at the top right-hand corner of the story again. You’ll get another menu of options.
5. Click Manage meter setting.
6. Click on the checkbox next to Meter your story and click save.
All your previously written stories can start earning money when Medium members spend time reading your work.
Congratulations on 100+ followers as a new writer and for going after your dreams.